Legal and Policy Workshops
Reclaiming the Sierra 2012 included information, updates and training on the key policy and legal issues associated with cleanup of land and water pollution from abandoned mines.
Agenda highlights for lawyers, regulators and policymakers on Thursday, May 3 include:
- One-hour training session on the legal aspects of abandoned mines and reopening new mines including: CA Surface Mining Law, CEQA, vested rights and liability concerns associated with abandoned mines. One hour MCLE credit available*
- Update on Federal 1872 Mining Law reform
- Update on CA Suction Dredge Mining regulations and legislation
- Current policy mechanisms and obstacles for coordination among state and federal agencies
- Proposed statewide mercury regulation impact on reservoir operation
* The Sierra Fund certifies that the application for this activity (for one hour CLE) has been approved by the State Bar of California.